Find more information about the research group Plant Specialized Metabolism here.
Research Group: Plant Specialized Metabolism
As model compounds we use the glucosinolates that function as defense compounds, signaling cues as well as nutritional factors. The gained knowledge is applied in pathway and transport engineering to increase plant disease resistance, remove anti-nutritional compounds in e.g. seed meal, and to promote human health.
- Identification of the glucosinolate transporter complement
- Removal of anti-nutritional factors from oilseed cake by transport engineering
- Microbial production of health-promoting glucosinolates
- Identification of mechanism underlying plant-microbe interaction
- Development of plant-based protein sources for human consumption
DynaMo: Pathway-specific approach to unravel universal principles that enable an organism to coordinate biochemical and developmental tasks.
PoC UCPH: Transport engineering approach to remove anti-nutritional factors from Brassica juncea
NNF-Biotech grant: Development of novel tools in synthetic biology
|Niels Christian Holm Sanden
- Mads Emil Larsen
- Mads Møller Dissing
- Ojas Tulsyan
- Noël Jung