In the Climate and Food Security group we are conducting applied research on how to mitigate climate change and improve food and nutrition security by developing innovative solutions for a sustainable transformation of our food system.
We are working on sustainable food production systems, including intercropping, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry and urban farming with a focus on carbon sequestration, protein crops and plant based diets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve human health. We are applying experimental studies, environmental indicators, crop models, carbon footprint analysis, greenhouse gas accounting, sustainability assessment and decision support systems to increase resource use efficiencies in the food value chain and support the transition towards a low carbon circular future.
- Food system transition
- Climate change mitigation and carbon sequestration in food systems
- Circular food production, intercropping and regenerative agriculture
- Agroforestry, food forests and urban farming
- Soil functions and ecosystem services
- Protein crops and plant based diets
- Agrobiodiversity and neglected and underutilized species
- Climate footprint analysis and GHG accounting
- Crop modelling, environmental indicators and decision support systems
Contact research group
For more information on our projects or research topics please contact us: email@example.com