Section for Plant Biochemistry
Bio-interactions and bio-engineering are the central research areas of Plant Biochemistry with focus on cyanogenic glucosides and terpenoids, two important classes of bioactive natural products. Their biosynthesis, regulation, molecular genetics and evolution and biological functions are being studied. The experimental systems used include models as well as important crop plants and heterologous expression in microorganisms and mosses. The knowledge obtained is merged into synthetic biology approaches to design systems enabling light driven chemical synthesis of structurally complex molecules.
- Bioactive compounds - Cyanogenic glucosides - Birger Lindberg Møller
- High value compounds - Søren Bak
- Synthetic Biology - Birger Lindberg Møller
- Plant Development - Stephan Wenkel
- Biochemical engineering - Sotirios C. Kampranis
A movie by the American Society for Cell Biology presenting our work in plant based synthetic biology. The focus areas of the movie is plant pathway discoveries and inter-disciplinary research.