Welcome to Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
The world faces huge challenges. The demand for food, feed and biomass for energy, fibres and chemicals will rise dramatically in the coming years because of increased population growth, climate change and scarce resources.
The Department’s research and teaching focus on plants, microorganisms, animals, biotechnology and the environment as basis for sustainable production of the food of the future and other biological products. The Department has established advanced technological platforms for bio-imaging, metabolomics, analytical chemistry and phenomics.
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences conducts pioneering research that both creates knowledge about basic biological, chemical and physical processes and brings into play academic knowledge in conventional and new innovative biological production systems.
With the knowledge of the department, we will help solve the global challenges and create values in the bio-based society of the future.
- Center for Advanced Bioimaging (CAB) Denmark
- Copenhagen Microbiology Center
- Copenhagen Plant Science Centre
- Centre for Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry Systems
- DynaMo - Center for Dynamic Molecular Interactions
- Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (NNFCB)
- Pro-Active Plants
- PUMPKIN - The Centre for Membrane Pumps in Cells and Disease
- UNIK Synthetic Biology