The Intelligent Sprayer Boom
The vision of the project is to develop a sprayer boom that considerably decreases the amount of herbicides used in farming. "The Intelligent Sprayer Boom" will be a new generation of spray booms for the farming industry that will be able to detect where the weeds are and spray in one and the same procedure.
Experiments have shown that the use of herbicides in farming can be reduced with a factor 10 by only spraying where the weeds are. This will eliminate the essential problems we have today with the pollution of the herbicides to the environment, including leaching to the ground water.
"The Intelligent Sprayer Boom" will basically consist of a spray boom with integrated cameras, a vision system and an image processing module. The overall success criterion is to develop and test a new type of spray boom that should be marketed with a capacity that can be compared to todays spray technology. Emphasis will be placed on making the developed system robust and functional as well as documenting the effect of position specific control of weeds in the crops.
- Public Private Partnership - Plant Phenotyping Project (6p)
- EU-Alba - Increasing yields of Millet and Sorghum by a new and sustainable seed technology developed in Sahel
- The intelligent sprayer boom
- The logarithmic sprayer
- Flora changes on arable fields
- ASETA - cooperating autonomous vehicles
- Quantitative on-farm evaluation of integrated pest management
- Molecular detection of microbes
- Bio-pesticides (discovery and development)
- Gradueret vækstregulering af rødsvingel baseret på afgrødens biomasse
- Sted-specifik ukrudtsbekæmpelse med droner
- Automatisering af logarithmesprøjte til vurdering af optimal herbiciddosering i roer