Research & Innovation Café #1: Insects for Food and Feed
We would like to welcome you to the very first Research and Innovation Café - a series of events where researchers present exciting research for students.
The theme of our very first Research and Innovation Café is Insects for Food & Feed.
- Welcome and introduction to Insects, Diversity and Use
by professor Jørgen Eilenberg, Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- New research project in Africa - GreenInsect programme
- Insects in Kenyan and Ugandan cuisine – a short report from Nordic Food Lab’s culinary field studies
by Ben Reade, Head of Culinary Research and Development at Nordic Food Lab
- Delicious bee larva soup - MSc student Jonas Astrup Pedersen, Nordic Food Lab/ Department of Food Science
- Finding deliciousness in insects – the scope of the project
by Michael Bom Frøst, Director Nordic Food Lab and associate Professor in Sensory Science, Dept. of Food Science
- Winner of 'Insects for Food and Feed' competition
- Summary and presentation of potential student projects
Student project suggestions:
- Scarabs as a food source in Europe and Africa: Is interactions with microorganisms a hindrance?
- Foraging insects for human consumption in Europe: a realistic scenario or a romantic dream
- Insects as diets around the world - and other uses for insects than just direct human consumption?
- Danish production potential for larval production
- More than honey: potential of drone brood in western diets